A participating community in a sustainable future.
Promote sustainable development and management of our natural resources for the benefit of the whole community.
- Relevance and timeliness.
- Proactive participation.
- Visibility and being understood.
- Local ownership and being part of the community.
- Harnessing the communities energy and passion.
- An Healthy environment that supports a full range of plants and animals.
- Recognition of the needs of different cultures.
- Individual and community well being.
- OLW is a caretaker for the future.
- Equity amongst people.
- Community participation in decision making.
- Economic stability.
Ord Land and Water was formed in March of 1998 by the local community as a means to ensure, especially through community participation, sustainable natural resource management in the Ord River Irrigation Area and environs of Kununurra.